A real thing.

here you can find charts and drawings of how cool fine and rad stuff is. aren't you glad I did not perish in that hotel fire up in Anchorage? I got some cool Star Wars stuff from that.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

1/30/2022, 7:11 - 8:11 pm

 so i wrote on each of my other blogs at the start of the month and I guess I intended to blog more this month but that's fine, I'm writing on this blog right now. 

been watching hitchcock flicks lately
and shift+enter to softreturn your way into a non-double-space between paragraphs, that's right and we are back into it, it's like riding a bike it's like riding a bike.

So there are a bunch of Alfred Hitchcock films on the Criterion Channel right now, but leaving at the end of the month, so I've been catching a couple a day after work of the ones I haven't already seen. I notice that I've done writeups in the past of espionage/urban fantasy flicks that I watched, and like sure, yeah I finished his adaptation of the Leon Uris novel Topaz, yesterday, do I have notes on that?

Not really, no. Not till I finish Torn Curtain as well. He did, two cold war things back-to-back. Then he did a serial killer thing, then a whatever-genre-you'd-classify-Family-Plot-as, then he retired and then he died. 

So yeah mostly I've been doing that but it's almost over now! It's almost, all over, now.

oh hey i keep on meaning to do this 
but one of my professors from college actually has firsthand knowledge of driving in Athens and I've been meaning to contact him and ask about it. First I need to track down his name! Where's a schedule from that semester, let's see, Ancient Temples and Temple Texts, FDREL 390..., but what's the professor's name, we'll find it... yes, haha, Bruce K Satterfield, that's the one! Okay, well, I hope he's still alive and also not retired, that would make it so much easier on us wouldn't it.

intentions for writing for the year?
So anyway my brother was asking at the beginning of the month when we're going to see The Anachronominion as a published book, which was so far out of my brain thinking that it was like, whuuu?? like the first time that struck me as being even possible (you can write books for pleasure! it's a fun thing to do sometimes!) but like, why not? It's far from perfect, but there's a story there at least and that's, 20% of it. 

Need to work on the prose for sure; gotta study my Le Carre once the month is out and I don't have to scramble for Hitchcock (speaking of, it looks like there are a couple Le Carre adaptations on HBO Max that are also leaving at the end of the month? (okay but the thing about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 2011 is that it pronounces Esterhase something like "ester-house" when it's pretty objectively more like "ester-hazy")) and see how he (jlc) does it. That's always the goal, isn't it.

So: brush up on prose, work on prose and plotting and, everything, whip stuff into shape. And once that's done and everything is presentable we'll see where we go from there. 

And hopefully move on besides; as great a title Anachronominion is I like the titles for the second and third books even better, just refreshed my memory on their outlines and geeking out over those, but you can't have the second and third books if there's no first book! 

but then at the end of the third book there's a massive gambit that would theoretically tie up a bunch of incidental plot details from all three of them, and really I've got no idea of the mechanics of that

and also looking over the ideas doc I've got no idea what some of these could possibly mean. "he who walks among the dead" what did I mean by that? why did I not elaborate? 

so anyway one last thing

i actually want to start a tumblr,
see if this link starts working sometime within the week

thingsthatdontevencomebackaround.tumblr.com

because this blog is already so tumblry as it be, it's gunna beeee idk just more of the same, but hopefully with the shakeup it'll be less stressful on me to write etc. :: like, with this blog it feels like I need to write for a full hour, because of the way I title my posts it feels like I need to be more specifically time-working-on-it dedicated. And sometimes that helps my productivity and sometimes it hinders that. So     POR QUE NO DOS    as a tool? I',m just going to have. both .

bursts through the door out of breath
shoot did I forget to create a jumpbreak? Well it's the 20th as I write this, setting up that tumblr right now and revisiting blogger and wordpress to compare/contrast how the u.i. works on each site (I must say they each have their own charms :) ) and I, notice I forgot to create a jumpbreak for this post, so I think I'll create one now at least. It gives me the perfect opportunity to point out, Don and Helen's last name in the Burt Lancaster movie The Swimmer which also left Criterion Channel on January 31st, Don and Helen's last name is Westerhazy. Though I don't think they ever say that out loud, just call them Don and Helen? So like it could be pronounced wester-house for all I know, idk. 

2 comments:

  1. Tried to get onto your Tumblr but it says nothing is there yet.

    ReplyDelete